Be part of Montalvo’s history and join the fun!
Montalvo Service Group is the auxiliary that has supported Montalvo Arts Center, in Saratoga, since 1954. MSG’s fund-raising and volunteer service hours have made invaluable contributions to the upkeep of Montalvo Arts Center and its educational programs.
MSG fundraising events:
- Mother’s Day Champagne Brunch – held annually on the 2nd Sunday in May. Many spend this day with their family for a memorable feast.
- Summer Luncheons on the Villa’s Veranda – our guests enjoy the beautiful setting and delicious food each Wednesday in the months July and August.
- See the Villa in her holiday splendor at Yuletide.
Other MSG Activities:
- As Education and Outreach volunteers, we greet and host elementary school age children on their field trips to see shows in the Carriage House Theatre.
- Gardening group: Like to see green things grow? Come and play.
- Gourmet Dinner Committee prepares and serves up a delightful dinner to the lucky Donation Drawing winner for up to 10 people. Drawings are held 3-4 times per year.
- Hiking: explore the Art Center’s 175 acres with hiking trails, and the surrounding neighborhood.
- Make jams: delicious preserves are made from seasonal fruits.
- Luncheons with guest speakers.
- Membership Teas and Luncheons sponsored by our Board and members.
- Sewing Group: meets weekly; made boutique items are sold during the Summer Luncheons and at the Yuletide Marketplace.
- Social meet ups and field trips.
How to join:
At the beginning of each year we open our membership to new volunteers interested in becoming members. There are many Members-Only social events and meetings with guest speakers, where luncheons follow. This is a place where enduring friendships are made and the time spent at Montalvo has a special magic.
To read about all volunteer opportunities at Montalvo Arts Center, click here.